Ali GallagherOf Counsel
Ali Gallagher’s practice focuses on corporate and securities. She has experience working with a wide variety of corporations and non-profit organizations, with an extensive background in medical devices, manufacturing and design.
Before joining the firm, Ali held senior executive positions in several start-up businesses, including both private and publicly traded medical device corporations. She was appointed for a term of four years to the FDA’s orthopedic medical device panel representing industry. Most recently, she sold another start-up company in the health and beauty area to a foreign corporation and remains a consultant to their global business.
- Admitted to Texas bar, 1987; Admitted to Western District of Texas, 2012.
- Education: The University of Texas at Austin (ABD PhD, 2002); Congressional Healthcare Fellowship (1986-87); The University of Texas Law School (J.D., 1986); The University of Texas at El Paso (B.S., 1983).
Recent Representative Experience
- In-House counsel to online healthcare publisher
- Represented physicians regarding proposed hospital system hospital bylaw changes
- Represented company through corporate formation and funding
- Represented both purchaser and seller in corporate acquisitions and asset sales
- Represent start-up companies in formation, patent filings and regulatory requirements in the area of pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Austin Bar Association
- World Learning’s Global Advisory Council – Member