In more than forty (40) years of law practice, Clarke Heidrick has represented clients in a wide array of businesses in many different types of business transactions.
- Admitted to bar, 1975, Texas.
- Education: Vanderbilt University (B.A., 1971); Southern Methodist University (J.D., 1975).
- Past-Chair, Board of Directors, Graves Dougherty Hearon & Moody, P.C.
- President (Managing Partner) of Graves, Dougherty, Hearon & Moody, P.C. (1993-1997)
- Represented purchaser or seller in acquisitions and dispositions of business units structured as reorganizations, mergers, stock sales and asset sales.
- Represented company issuers in private equity issuances of preferred stock and subordinated debt.
- Represented company borrowers in senior debt financings.
- Represented institutional investors in connection with the formation of venture capital funds.
- Represented the tenant or the landlord in connection with the negotiation of commercial leases.
- Represented the purchaser or seller in connection with the sale and purchase of commercial real estate.
- Represented management or the company in various transactions involving employment agreements, separation agreements, and various types of equity and phantom equity compensation arrangements.
- Represented company at formation, including negotiation of formation agreements, partnership agreements and/or shareholders and members agreements.
- Represented tax exempt entities in variety of transactions and obtaining of tax exempt status.
- Represented numerous attorneys, doctors and dentists in forming and restructuring their practice entities.
- Represented parties to divorces in connection with the partition of business entities constituting part of the community estate.
- Represented companies in converting their form of entity to provide for most efficient franchise and income tax structure.
- Member: Austin Bar Association; American Bar Association; State Bar of Texas; Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation and Austin Bar Foundation
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Texas Monthly, Super Lawyers®, published by Thomson Reuters, 2003-2011, 2013-2017
- Honored as Austinite of the Year by Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce – 2014
- 2013 Recipient of the Jurisprudence Award from the Anti-Defamation League
- 2012 Recipient of Health care Advisory Award from University Medical Center at Brackenridge
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® published by Woodward/White, Inc., Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law; and Mergers & Acquisitions Law, (1993 – 2017)
- Selected by The Best Lawyers in America® published by Woodward/White, Inc., as 2009 Austin Banking and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year; 2010 Austin Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year; and 2012 Austin Mergers & Acquisitions Law Lawyer of the Year
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, Martindale.com
- 2010 Recipient of First Tee of Austin Award for Judgment
- 2008 Recipient of Byron Cox Community Service Award presented by Care Communities
- 2007 Recipient of David Walters Community Excellence Award by Austin Bar Foundation
- Recipient of the People’s Community Clinic, W. Neal Kocurek Award for Health Care Advocacy, 2005
- Community Champion Award from United Way/Capital Area, 2005
- 2003 Pioneer Award, United Way of Texas (award for best volunteer in state from larger metropolitan United Ways)
- Chair of the Board, Shivers Cancer Foundation
- Chair of the Board, Rebekah Baines Johnson Center
- Board Member, Travis County Hospital District (Chair 2004-2007)
- Former Chair of the Board, Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce (2012)
- Past President, Austin Area Research Organization (AARO)