E. Clark LutzShareholder
Board certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1994, Clark Lutz has over 30 years of experience assisting clients with a broad range of estate planning and probate matters. Clark has previously served on the firm’s Board of Directors and as the Trusts and Estate’s Section Leader.
- Admitted to bar: 1983, Texas.
- Board certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Education: State University of New York at Geneseo (B.A., magna cum laude, 1977); Syracuse University (J.D., cum laude, 1982). Editor-in-Chief, Syracuse Journal of International Law and Commerce, 1981-1982.
Clark handles a variety of wealth planning matters from the most complex to the relatively routine. Clark’s area of practice includes the following:
- Assisting clients with protecting or preserving family wealth through application of wealth preservation and asset protection techniques
- Federal estate, gift and generation-skipping planning
- Preparation of complex and tax-planned wills and trusts (including insurance trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, revocable management trusts, personal residence trusts, gift trusts, and intentionally defective grantor trusts)
- Marital property planning and the preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Charitable planning
- Business succession planning
- Planning for incapacity through the use of appropriate trusts, powers of attorney and advanced medical directives
- Planning with family limited partnerships, limited liability companies and various gift, sale and loan transactions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® published by Woodward/White, Inc., Trusts and Estates, 2010 – 2017
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, Martindale.com
Clark is a former member of the Board of Directors of Hospice Austin, Hospice Austin Foundation and on the Board of Trustees, St. Gabriel’s Catholic School, Austin, Texas. He currently serves as a member of Hospice Austin Foundation Investment Committee, and as a trustee on the Board of the Carl C. Anderson, Sr. and Marie Jo Anderson Charitable Foundation.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Clark has given speeches to, and written about, various tax and estate planning matters to a variety of professional and civic groups. Topics which he has addressed include:
- The Use of Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Planning with Retirement and IRA Benefits
- Planning with Life Insurance
- Asset Protection
- Planning for Disability
- Marital Agreements