Edward S. McHorseShareholder
Ed often serves in the role of outside counsel for clients, advising and providing critical judgment on the intersection of client legal issues and business goals to help develop practical solutions. In addition to his role as a trusted advisor, Ed has extensive experience with financing and merger and acquisition transactions and resolving disputes among business co-owners. Ed enjoys representing clients from a diverse set of businesses and industries, especially with an emphasis on healthcare, higher education and hospitality industries.
- Admitted to bar, 1994, Texas.
- Education: Duke University (B.A., 1991); University of Texas (J.D., with honors, 1994). Order of the Coif.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Sam Sparks, U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 1994-1996.
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® published by Woodward/White, Inc., Corporate Law; Health Care Law, (2009 – 2017)
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, Martindale.com
- Ending Community Homelessness Coalition(ECHO), Board Member (2008 – current); Board Chair (2010-2012)
- Community Advisory Board, Helping Hand Home for Children (2012-present)
- Advisory Board Member, Assistance League of Austin (2007-present)
- Caritas of Austin, Board Member (1999-2005); President (2003); Community Advisory Board (Chair, 2006-2007)
- Northwest Little League, Board Member (2005-2013)
- 2016 Recipient of Core Value Award for Responsibility from First Tee of Austin
- 2012 Recipient of Community Spirit Award from Front Steps