Travis R. PhillipsShareholder
As a member of the firm’s Real Estate section, Travis represents clients in a broad array of transactional matters relating to commercial real estate. He regularly counsels clients on legal issues that arise in connection with the ownership, acquisition, disposition and leasing of real property.
Travis has extensive experience representing landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating commercial office leases. He also represents purchasers and sellers of real estate assets with respect to contract preparation and negotiation, title and survey review and other due diligence matters. In addition, he advises clients on the process and procedures for the development of real property. His practice also includes the representation of banks and financial institutions in making loans secured by real property and other collateral, as well as the representation of lien holders in foreclosure proceedings.
In addition to his commercial real estate practice, Travis has a strong interest in the use of legal tools to facilitate and incentivize land conservation, including conservation easements and mitigation banks.
Before joining Graves Dougherty, Travis was an associate at Brown McCarroll (now known as Husch Blackwell).
- Admitted: Texas, 2006
- Education: J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, with honors, 2006; M.P.Aff., University of Texas at Austin, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, 2000; B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1998
- Real Estate Council of Austin
- Austin Bar Association, Real Estate Section
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Leadership Austin Essential Class of 2013
- Real Estate Council of Austin Leadership Development Council Class of 2010
- Texas Land Conservancy, Board of Directors, Secretary 2011 – Present
- Mainspring Schools, Board of Directors, President, 2011 – 2013