Graves Dougherty Hearon & Moody is seeking a full-time Litigation Paralegal. Qualified candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Job Duties and Essential Functions
- Prepares for and attends trials, hearings, mediations, arbitrations, depositions, and meetings; assists attorneys in trials, hearings, and mediations by handling electronic presentation of evidence and demonstrative exhibits in the courtroom, including documentary exhibits, video deposition excerpts, and other matters using trial presentation software, i.e., Trial Director, PowerPoint, etc.;
- Maintains, organizes, and manages document databases;
- Prepares and organizes exhibits and exhibit lists for trials, arbitrations, and depositions;
- Reviews/analyzes case-related documents and records for responsiveness and privilege;
- Manages document collection, including communication with and assistance to clients in document preservation and collection;
- Manages electronic and paper filing systems;
- Prepares and organizes production and privilege logs;
- Drafts pleadings, disclosures, discovery, witness lists, and routine correspondence;
- Records billable/non-billable time;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Civil Rules of Procedure (state and federal);
- Advanced knowledge of the litigation process, E-Discovery, litigation technology and review platforms, e.g. LAW, Eclipse, Concordance; Relativity, Sanction, Trial Director, etc.;
- Working knowledge of electronic court filing systems (state and federal);
- Ability to efficiently operate standard office equipment, e.g., computers, copy machines, phones, etc.;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with DMS (document management system);
- Works well under pressure;
- Team oriented;
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize a high volume workload, is detail oriented, has excellent organizational skills and a high standard for work product;
- Must possess interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and county, state, and federal personnel in person, by telephone, email or other communication, in order to provide information in a professional manner;
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain information of a confidential nature;
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships;
- Ability to travel outside Austin with occasional extended stays;
- Ability to work overtime, as needed;
- Ability to turn constructive feedback into best practices for future use;
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certification with 5+ years of recent experience working as a litigation paralegal, preferably in a law firm setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
GDHM offers competitive compensation complemented by an excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements in confidence via email to [email protected].
Graves Dougherty Hearon & Moody, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Career Apply Form
"*" indicates required fields