Graves Dougherty Hearon & Moody is seeking a full-time Litigation Paralegal. Qualified candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
Graves Dougherty Hearon & Moody, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a smoke-free workplace. The firm offers competitive compensation complemented by an excellent benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
- Prepares for and attends trials, hearings, mediations, arbitrations, depositions, and meetings; assists attorneys in trials, hearings, and mediations by handling electronic presentation of evidence and demonstrative exhibits in the courtroom, including documentary exhibits, video deposition excerpts, and other matters using trial presentation software, i.e., Trial Director, PowerPoint, TimeMap, etc., and ELMO projector;
- Maintains, organizes, and manages document databases;
- Prepares and organizes exhibits and exhibit lists for trials, arbitrations, and depositions;
- Reviews/analyzes case-related documents and records for responsiveness and privilege;
- Document collection, including communication with and assistance to clients in document preservation and collection;
- Manages electronic and paper filing systems;
- Prepares and organizes privilege logs;
- Drafts pleadings, disclosures, discovery, witness lists, and routine correspondence;
- Records billable/non-billable time;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Civil Rules of Procedure (state and federal);
- Advanced knowledge of the litigation process, E-Discovery, litigation technology and review platforms, e.g. LAW, Eclipse, Concordance; Relativity, Sanction, Trial Director, etc.;
- Working knowledge of electronic court filing systems (state and federal);
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certification with 5+ years of recent experience working as a litigation paralegal, preferably in a law firm setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate standard office equipment;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with DMS (document management system);
- Works well under pressure;
- Team oriented;
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills;
- Typing speed of 65 words per minute;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize a high volume workload, is detail oriented, has excellent organizational skills and a high standard for work product;
- Must possess interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and county and state personnel in writing, by telephone or email in order to provide information in a professional manner;
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain information of a confidential nature;
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships;
- Ability to travel outside Austin with occasional extended stays;
- Ability to work overtime, as needed;
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to turn constructive feedback into best practices for future use.