Graves, Dougherty, Hearon & Moody, a mid-sized downtown law firm, is seeking a full-time Litigation Secretary for an immediate opening in its Litigation section. Qualified candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Provides administrative support to litigation attorneys in the practice of law;
- Assists in preparing for hearings, trials, mediations, arbitrations, depositions, meetings, etc. in a fast-paced, high volume litigation practice (commercial, construction, personal injury, appellate, environmental, IP);
- Maintains, organizes, and manages client files;
- Dockets/calendars deadlines;
- Manages electronic and paper filing systems (state and federal);
- Enters attorney time into billing system;
- Exercises discretion and maintains information of a confidential nature;
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Assists with section coverage when other staff are absent;
- Works occasional overtime, as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five plus (5+) years of recent litigation experience in a law firm;
- Advanced knowledge of the litigation process; rules of procedure; excellent litigation, secretarial, grammar, and proofreading skills;
- Experience preparing appellate briefs;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word using table of contents, table of authorities, and brief formatting, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to operate standard office equipment;
- Experience with electronic court filings (state and federal);
- Familiarity with DMS (document management system), preferably iManage;
- Ability to turn constructive feedback into best practices for future use;
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with co-workers, clients, courts and opposing counsel;
- Ability to work with limited direction and be proactive about seeking clarification of ambiguities;
- Ability to read and understand attorney mail and email;
- Typing speed of 65+ words per minute;
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Graves Dougherty Hearon & Moody, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a smoke-free workplace.
The firm offers competitive compensation complemented by an excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.