Hailey L. SuggsAssociate
Hailey’s practice focuses on civil litigation, representing plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of complex matters in state courts, federal courts, and arbitration tribunals. She has experience in drafting and responding to dispositive motions, handling discovery disputes, and advocating for her clients in the courtroom.
Hailey received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, where she served as an Articles Editor for the Michigan Law Review. This experience strengthened Hailey’s acute attention to detail and accuracy. Hailey is a native Austinite.
- Admitted: Texas, 2019; Western District of Texas, 2020.
- Education: University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 2018); Michigan Law Review, Articles Editor; Michigan Law Review, Coblentz Prize for Outstanding Contribution; Michigan Law Pro Bono Program, Certificate of Pro Bono Service; University of Evansville (B.F.A. Theatre Performance, summa cum laude, 2015).
- Representation of owners in disputes involving construction delays, project scope, and construction defects;
- Representation of global renewable energy company in breach of contract arbitration action;
- Representation of wind power project development company in declaratory judgment action;
- Representation of landowners in dispute against executive rights holder;
- Representation of groundwater conservation district in contested case hearing.
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Director at Large, 2020
- Austin Bar Association (Civil Litigation Section, Civil Appellate Section)
- State Bar of Texas (Litigation Section, Appellate Section)
- United Way for Greater Austin Emerging Leaders
- Executive Committee, 2019 – Present