Hailey L. SuggsAssociate
Hailey’s practice focuses on civil litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of complex matters in both state and federal courts. She has experience in drafting and responding to dispositive motions, handling discovery disputes, and advocating for her clients in the courtroom.
Prior to joining the firm, Hailey received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, where she was an Articles Editor for the Michigan Law Review. Hailey is a native Austinite.
- Admitted: Texas, 2019; Western District of Texas, 2019.
- Education: University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 2018); Michigan Law Review, Articles Editor; Michigan Law Review, Coblentz Prize for Outstanding Contribution; Michigan Law Pro Bono Program, Certificate of Pro Bono Service; University of Evansville (B.F.A. Theatre Performance, summa cum laude, 2015).
- Representation of owners in disputes involving construction delays, project scope, and construction defects;
- Representation of church in dispute involving lack of notice and due process concerns, along with denial of religious property tax exemption;
- Representation of wind power project development company in declaratory judgment action;
- Representation of landowners in dispute against executive rights holder;
- Representation of groundwater conservation district in contested case hearing.
- State Bar of Texas (Litigation Section, Appellate Section)
- Austin Bar Association (Civil Litigation Section, Civil Appellate Section)
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- United Way, Emerging Leaders Society, Executive Committee