Oil & Gas
GDHM has been involved in many significant decisions on oil and gas law at every level in both state and federal courts.
GDHM regularly represents individuals and families with mineral interests, providing assistance in mineral management, leasing, royalty audits, buying and selling of mineral rights, surface use and environmental issues, taxation, and pipeline easements and issues.
Often, our representation involves litigation. In those instances, our oil and gas attorneys work with attorneys in our litigation section to establish or protect our clients’ interests. GDHM has been involved in many significant decisions on oil and gas law at every level in both state and federal courts. Listed below are some of those matters.
- Representation of mineral interest owners in will and deed construction cases regarding the size of their interests. See, g., Hysaw v. Dawkins, 483 S.W.3d 1 (Tex. 2016); Greer v. Shook, ___ S.W.3d ___, 2016 WL 6092963 (Tex. App.—El Paso, Oct. 19, 2016, pet. filed).
- Representation of lessors to establish their rights under offset clauses in oil and gas leases. See Adams v. Murphy Exploration Prod. Co.-USA, 497 S.W.3d 510 (Tex. App. — San Antonio, 2016, pet. pending)
- Representation of lessors to establish their rights under the royalty clause in an oil and gas lease and recover unpaid royalties. See, e.g., Yturria v. Kerr-McGee Oil & Gas Onshore, LLC, 291 F. App’x 626 (2008)
- Representation of mineral interest owners and lessors regarding the drilling of allocation wells on their properties.
- Submission of amicus briefs in support of lessors’ royalty rights in an oil and gas lease and rights to sue lessee for fraud and breach of contract. See Chesapeake Exploration, LLC v. Hyder, 483 S.W.3d 870 (Tex. 2016); Hooks v. Samson Lone Star, 457 S.W.3d 52 (Tex. 2015)