Natasha J. MartinShareholder
Natasha’s practice focuses on Administrative and Regulatory litigation with an emphasis in environmental and utility law. She has represented clients in contested cases and complaint proceedings before the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ), the Public Utility Commission of Texas, the Texas Alcoholic and Beverage Commission, and the State Office of Administrative Hearings. Natasha has experience counseling clients on regulatory permitting and enforcement on air, water, and waste issues. Natasha has also represented clients obtaining electric, water, and wastewater Certificates of Convenience and Necessity (CCNs). Also, Natasha serves as general counsel to several water supply corporations and groundwater conservation districts in Texas.
Prior to law school, Natasha worked as a technical air permit reviewer at the TCEQ where she reviewed mechanical and agricultural air permit applications in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Admitted: Texas, 2012.
- Education: Florida State University College of Law (J.D., 2012); Texas A&M University, College Station, TX (B.S., 2005).
- Associate, Bojorquez Law Firm, Austin, Texas (2013 – 2016).
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Air and Waste Management Association, Central Texas, Vice Chair, Board of Directors
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Black Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas Administrative and Public Law Section
- State Bar of Texas Environmental and Natural Resources Section
- State Bar of Texas Real Estate Section, Water Rights Council
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas
AWARDS AND HONORS
- American Bar Association, 2012 Law Student Scholar
- Florida State University College of Law Certificate in Environmental, Land Use, and Energy Law
- Florida State University College of Law Pro Bono Service Award
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Speaker, “Environmental Law,” 2019 GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar
- Speaker, “Environmental and Utility Bills,” 2019 Texas Municipal Clerks Association 86th Legislative Session Update
- Panelist, “Case Law Panel,” 2019 Texas Groundwater Summit, Texas Alliance of Groundwater Districts
- Co-Speaker, “Case Studies in Water Transportation,” Texas Bar CLE’s 2019 Changing Face of Water Law Conference (with paper)
- Co-Speaker, “This is Jeopardy: Who’s Who and What’s What in Water,” Texas Bar CLE’s 2019 Changing Face of Water Law Conference (with paper)
- Speaker, “What are my chances at TCEQ?: Standing Issues, Dispute Resolution, and the Consultant’s Role in TCEQ Contested Cases,” November 2018 Air & Waste Management Association Chapter Meeting
- Co-Speaker, “Application of Chapter 36, District Rules and Management Plan to the Operation of the District,” 2018 Lost Pines Groundwater Conservation District Workshop
- Speaker, “Environmental and Transportation Bills,” 2017 Texas Municipal Clerks Association 85th Legislative Session Update
- Speaker, “Surface Contamination, Air Emissions, and Environmental Compliance,” 2017 GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar
- Annual Author, Chapter 18, “Radioactive Materials and Wastes and Radiation-Producing Devices,” Environmental Law, Vol. 46, Texas Practice Series (2015 – 2019)
- Speaker, “New Source Review, Permits and Amendments,” 2008 TCEQ Environmental Trade Fair