Patricia A. CampbellShareholder
Pat Campbell is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She has spent most of her more than thirty year legal career at Graves Dougherty where her practice covers a broad range of estate planning, tax and probate matters. Pat also advises tax exempt and non profit organizations.
- Admitted: 1978, Texas.
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Education: University of Texas (B.A., with highest honors, 1975; J.D., with high honors, 1978). Phi Beta Kappa; Order of the Coif; Chancellors; Texas Law Review, 1976-1977; Teaching Quizmaster in Legal Research and Writing, University of Texas School of Law, 1977-1978; Law Clerk to the Honorable Irving L. Goldberg, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1978-1979.
- Preparation of simple and complex wills and trusts
- Asset protection and wealth preservation planning
- Marital property planning, including prenuptial and postnuptial planning
- Federal gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning, including preparation of gift and estate tax returns
- Gifts to minors, incapacitated persons, and others, including charitable planning
- Probate, estate, and trust administration
- Assisting executors in the administration of decedent’s estates and trustees in the administration of trusts
- Transfer tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service, including private letter ruling requests
- Planning for incapacity, including management trusts, powers of attorney, and advance directives
- Establishing and advising non profit organizations and obtaining their tax exempt status
- Austin Bar Association (Probate and Estate Planning Section)
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- State Bar of Texas (Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section)
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® published by Woodward/White, Inc., Trusts and Estates, (2006 – 2019)
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, Martindale.com
- Texas Monthly, Super Lawyers®, published by Thomson Reuters, 2008-2011, 2016-2019
- Family Eldercare, Board of Directors, 2008-2011
- Austin Empty Bowl Project, Advisory Committee