Peter J. CesaroShareholder
Peter Cesaro’s practice includes representing developers, investors, and companies in the acquisition, disposition, leasing, development and entitlement of improved and raw land. His practice also emphasizes providing strategic advice to clients that are considering development and investment in the Central Texas area that involve political concerns and development code interpretation.
Mr. Cesaro is also active in representing landowners and/or companies addressing the changing dynamics of water regulations in Texas.
Having grown up in Austin, Texas, Mr. Cesaro attended the University of Notre Dame where he was a cum laude graduate in Finance and Computer Applications, served as Student Body President and received the Rev. A. Leonard Collins, C.S.C. Award for advancing students’ interests. He received a J.D. from The University of Texas at Austin School of Law where he was a recipient of the Honorable William Garwood Presidential Scholarship in Law.
- Admitted to bar, 2003, Texas.
- Education: University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., Finance and Computer Applications, cum laude 1999); University of Texas at Austin School of Law (J.D., 2002), Delta Theta Phi legal fraternity. Recipient of the Honorable William Garwood Presidential Scholarship in Law.
- Associate, Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw, LLP; Houston, Texas (2002-2005)
- Owner/developer representation for acquisition, disposition, permitting, annexation, zoning and other regulatory issues on properties as diverse as downtown office buildings, hotels, manufactured home communities, multi-family and vacant land.
- Owner, landlord and tenant representation in office, ground and retail leases.
- Developer representation in acquisition, construction and leasing of retail sites throughout Texas.
- Representing land owner in permitting and negotiations with groundwater conservation districts for groundwater production capabilities.
- Representing property owners negotiating contracts with water production companies.
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association (Real Estate Section)
- Real Estate Council of Austin, Leadership Development Council (2006); Steering Committee (2007); Board of Directors (2008-present); Chair, City of Austin Issues Committee (2009-2013); Treasurer (2016); Chair-Elect (2019), Chair (2020)
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Chair, Austin Bar Association Land Development Seminar, 2010
- Texas Monthly, Super Lawyers® Rising Star, published by Thomson Reuters, 2008, 2011
- Houston Young Lawyers’ Leadership Academy, 2004 Graduate
- Rev. A. Leonard Collins, C.S.C., Leadership Award, 1999 Recipient
- Airport Boulevard Task Force, Member, 2010-2011
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas, Board Member, 2006-2009
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Co-author, 587-Ethics Opinion: Do I Have to Deal with an Agency’s Lawyer or Other Staff?, State Bar of Texas – Changing Face of Water Rights, April, 2010.
- Co-author, Ethical Considerations When Representing Water Systems, Texas Rural Water Association Attorneys Conference, March, 2010.
- Author/Speaker, How to Preserve Entitlements in an Economic Downturn, 17th Annual Austin Land Development Seminar, September, 2009.
- Author/Speaker, The ABC’s of Zoning, 16th Annual Austin Land Development Seminar, September, 2008.
- Author/Panelist, Hot Land Development Topics, 15th Annual Austin Land Development Seminar, October, 2007.