Nicholas C. MillerShareholder
Nicholas’ practice focuses on both commercial and residential transactional real estate matters and the representation of land and mineral owners in oil and gas transactions.
Active in the Oil & Gas practice group, Nicholas is the co-founder of the annual GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar.
Nicholas is originally from Amarillo and is married to Lisa Mobley Miller of Austin. They have three daughters, Eliza, Genevieve and Adelaide.
- Admitted: Texas, 2010.
- Education: The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 2010); Washington and Lee University (B.A. in Economics and concentration in Classics, 2004).
- Former clerk for the House Committee on Energy Resources and Oilfield Cleanup Fund Advisory Committee.
- American Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Real Estate Council of Austin
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Energy Law Association
- Texas Land and Mineral Owners Association
- Trail of Lights Foundation, Board of Directors (2017-present)
- Admiral’s Club of Austin (2016-present)
- Austin Stewards of the Wild (2013-present)
- Dell Children’s Trust (2011-present)
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Speaker, “Pipeline Easement Negotiations,” 2018 GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar
- Speaker, “A Sibling Rivalry: The Sometimes Strained Relationship of the Mineral Estate and the Surface Estate,” 2017 GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar
- Speaker, “Dos and Donts of Selling Minerals and Royalties,” 2016 GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar
- Speaker, “Leasing 101 in 2015, The New Frontier,” 2015 GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar
- Co-Author and Speaker, “Saltwater Disposal Well Leasing: High Waters Float All Boats,” San Antonio Association of Professional Landmen (March 2014)
- Speaker, “Saltwater Disposal Well Leasing,” 2014 GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar