April GriffinOf Counsel
April has served as in-house counsel for several state agencies, advising clients on matters pertaining to government procurement, open government law, agency rulemaking, legislative issues, special education, rehabilitative services, employment, and policy issues.
As a solo practitioner, April has handled estate planning, probate, and guardianship matters. She has served as legal counsel for individuals and business entities handling transactional matters including business development, entity formation, filings, entity status changes, contract review, contract formation, negotiations, breach of contract and termination issues.
April is a proud supporter of veterans’ rights having served on active duty in the United States Air Force for over seven years. She is a board member for the Austin Black Lawyers Association Foundation and a Council Member of the State Bar of Texas Administrative and Public Law Section. April also serves as a Commissioner on the Travis County ESD 2 Board.
- Admitted: Texas, 2006
- Education: St. Mary’s University School of Law (J.D., 2006); St. Edward’s University (B.B.A, 2002)
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Board member, Austin Black Lawyers Association Foundation
- Council Member, State Bar of Texas Administrative and Public Law Section
- Commissioner, Travis County ESD 2 Board
Awards and Honors
- TCWLA & TCWLF Annual Grants Recipient Attorney Award for Contribution to Minority Community (2020)
- Leadership Austin Essential Alumni Class 41 (2020)
- Recipient of Austin Black Lawyers Association’s President’s Award (2020)