Christopher C. CyrusAssociate
Chris guides clients through a range of complex disputes before state and federal courts. His broad experience extends to corporations in the energy, technology, and financial sectors. During law school, Chris served as an Articles Editor on the Texas Law Review and member of the U.S. Supreme Court Clinic. Following law school, he served as Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Marina Garcia Marmolejo of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Prior to joining GDHM, Chris worked as a litigation associate in the Dallas office of an international law firm.
- Represented one of the largest well-completions companies in a putative class action brought under federal securities law.
- Represented a multinational IT company in arbitration regarding a software license.
- Represented a natural-gas distributor during an internal investigation of alleged violations of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and SEC regulations.
- Represented a precious-metals company in a state-court action filed in response to “short and distort” securities fraud.
- Admitted: Texas, 2017; U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas; U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
- Education: The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 2017); The University of Texas at Austin (B.A. Government, 2014).