Elizabeth R. SmithAssociate
Ellie Smith is an associate practicing in the firm’s real estate and oil and gas practice groups. Ellie focuses her practice on transactional matters relating to commercial real estate, business, and the representation of land and mineral owners in energy transactions. She represents individuals and businesses in all aspects of real estate acquisition and disposition, development, and leasing. As part of her practice, Ellie regularly drafts closing documents for real estate acquisitions and dispositions, and she has experience reviewing title and survey for various real estate development projects as well as preparing purchase and sale documents, easement agreements, and access agreements. Ellie also represents land and mineral owners in negotiation of oil and gas leases and CO2 sequestration leases.
- Admitted: Texas, 2021
- Education: Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., 2021); Science & Technology Law Review, Senior Articles Editor; Student Bar Association, President; Texas Tech University (B.B.A., Finance, Concentration in Real Estate, magna cum laude, 2018).
- 2023 RECA Leadership Development Council
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association (Real Estate Section, Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section)
- Real Estate Council of Austin, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- American Bar Association
- Junior League of Austin
- Austin Stone Community Church
- Speaker at the Texas State Bar’s 34th Annual Advanced Real Estate Drafting Course
- Co-Author, “Energy Bills Passed by the 87th Texas Legislature,” Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law (OGERL) Section Report
- Speaker, “Case Law Update,” 2022 GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar