Kate D. DavyShareholder
Kate focuses her practice on transactional matters relating to commercial and residential real estate, business, and the representation of land and mineral owners in oil and gas transactions. Her real estate practice includes acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, development and financing. She has represented clients in a variety of retail, multi-family, and office transactions and lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate loan transactions. Kate is a native Austinite.
- Admitted: Texas, 2015; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2018.
- Education: St. Mary’s University School of Law (J.D., 2015); St. Mary’s Law Journal, Associate Editor; Student Bar Association, President; Southern Methodist University (B.B.A. in Marketing, 2010).
- Real Estate Council of Austin, Leadership Development Council (2020 and 2021); Real YP Steering Committee, Co-Chair (2022)
- Crew Austin, Member
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association (Real Estate Section, Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section)
- St. Mary’s University School of Law GOLD Council
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Co-Author, “Energy Bills Passed by the 87th Texas Legislature,” Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law (OGERL) Section Report
- Speaker, “Retained Acreage Clauses 101,” 2019 GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar
- United Way, Ambassador for 2019 Ruthless Good event
- Dell Children’s Trust
AWARDS AND HONORS
- St. Mary’s University Presidential Award for leadership, service, and academic excellence (May, 2015)