Kate D. DavyAssociate
Kate’s practice focuses on transactional matters relating to commercial and residential real estate and the representation of land and mineral owners in oil and gas transactions. She also has experience in drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, corporate contracts, and finance documents for closings.
Prior to joining GDHM, Kate practiced at Bennett, Weston, LaJone & Turner in Dallas, Texas. Kate is a native Austinite.
- Admitted: Texas, 2015; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2018.
- Education: St. Mary’s University School of Law (J.D., 2015); St. Mary’s Law Journal, Associate Editor; Student Bar Association, President; Southern Methodist University (B.B.A. in Marketing, 2010).
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association (Real Estate Section, Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section)
- Real Estate Council of Austin
- St. Mary’s University School of Law GOLD Council
- American Bar Association
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Speaker, “Retained Acreage Clauses 101,” 2019 GDHM Land & Mineral Owner Seminar
- United Way, Ambassador for 2019 Ruthless Good event
AWARDS AND HONORS
- St. Mary’s University Presidential Award for leadership, service, and academic excellence (May, 2015)